Branding Your Interim Practice in a Competitive Environment
Location: Mercer island community & Event Center
8236 SE 24th St, Mercer Island, WA 98040
Time: 11:45 am - 4:00 pm
Includes light lunch, materials, and a copy of “Gifts of Imperfection” by Dr. Brene Brown.
Cost: $125 ($350 for the series)*
It’s not easy work selling yourself. And, that’s especially true if you are a practicing or aspiring interim executive seeking to share your talents and gifts for the benefit of mission-based nonprofit organizations, associations, and congregations. In today’s competitive environment, organizations seeking to engage interim leaders are seeing a diverse pool of candidates for unique, temporary positions that are not part of the organization’s culture and human resource landscape.
Academy alumni and prospective participants are invited to participate in year-round professional development opportunities presented by the Interim Executives Academy.
It is open to those interested in furthering their own interim leadership practice or to get a snapshot learning experience of the full three-day Academy.
What You Will Learn
- What is a brand and how that affects the way in which people experience you and your talents
- How to position interim leadership as a facilitated outcomes-based process and capacity-building opportunity for nonprofit organizations, associations, and congregations
- How to apply the results of a self-assessment of your skills and interests to assess the kinds of interim engagements that build your brand
- The unique elements of an interim executive interview process as compared to other hiring situations
- The key branding elements of your practice that must be communicated during your interview and demonstrated throughout your entire interim engagement
- The fundamental “Gifts of Imperfection” as suggested by Dr. Brene Brown with a discussion of their applicability to an interim’s practice and brand
Next in the Continuing Education Series:
- Interim as Agent of Change: Diversity, Inclusion, Equity & Access - October 2, 2019, in Seattle, Washington
- Nonprofit Finances and the Interim Executive Director - December 11, 2019, in Seattle, Washington