Succession Planning BootCamp for Consultants
Location: Executive INN
200 Taylor Avenue North, Seattle, Washington 98109
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Cost: $ 249*
Become a certified nonprofit succession planning consultant and trainer with one of the most experienced organizations in the country.
The nonprofit sector is not immune to the perils of the growing rates of employee and volunteer transitions. Many “organizational issues” that consultants help nonprofit organizations to resolve can be linked to the impacts of high employee and board turnover, lack of talent planning and development, and an undemonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and access. With less than a fifth of nonprofit organizations prepared for succession, never has it been more important for the nonprofit sector to have well-trained and methodical consultants while increasing the number of succession planning education programs available in local communities.
Each year, Third Sector Company offers a full-day BootCamp and year-round support services and consulting opportunities for consultants to explore adding Succession Planning to their expertise and providing each with a certificate, a badge indicating completion of succession planning studies and access to materials to teach local workshops.
What You Will Learn
- A Definition of Succession Planning Rooted in Talent Recruitment, Development & Retention
- The Five Essential Elements of a Nonprofit Succession Plan
- Suggested Facilitation Methods for Leadership Continuity Conversations with Client Nonprofits
- The Four “Must-Do’s” For Emergency Succession Planning
- The Link between Basic Human Resource Policy and Practice and a Culture of Leadership Continuity and Succession
- How to Integrate Succession Planning Discussions into Strategic Planning, Resource Development, and Financial Planning Engagements
- The Powerful Intervention that Succession Planning Represents to Nonprofit Organizations to Advance Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Access